Search This Bliggity Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Vincit Qui Patitur

I am your Coach.  You are mine for 60 minutes and I'm ready.  I've been waiting, patiently, to see you and how you've prepared.
I am going to start with something simple.  Something that will take the focus off of the impending effort.  Something that your body can tolerate, and will slowly adapt to.  Heart rate goes up, sweat forms on your lower back and a line runs down your temple.
Simple turns to multi-tasking without letting attention to quality slip.  More sweat, more focus.  "Is that the best way you can do that?  Where are you looking?"
Now, we choose your weapons and, choose wisely.  Make no mistake, you are battle bound.  I will lead you to the enemy.  You may have passed the enemy and not realized it, let me show you:
The enemy stinks of yester-you.  Unconscious acquiescence to mediocrity.  A slip of the tongue which offers a glimpse to whats happening between the ears.
You may start the hour thinking I'm one of the passerby's who will say "How's your day?" and not give two cents as to what the response is, but I'm not.  You may think I'm part of the masses who calmly accept the status quo.  Who say, "Last place?  Well, at least you tried."  Who think "Oh they are having a rough month/week/day/morning/night/hour/minute/second I better go easy on them."  I'm not.
I am someone who knows the you that you want to be. I know you because I see you at your weakest and watch the choices you make when you get there.   Weighing out what you are capable of believing and what you are currently choosing to believe shows me the fastest way to your potential.  Your actions have said it all.
The icy truth is that I will push you, make you uncomfortable and, break the walls you have so carefully crafted.  I will make you leave your most commonly walked ground over, and over, and over.  If I am successful you will be the benefactor of bullet-tough skin, cast iron confidence, and the ability to know the difference between perception-altering pain and true suffering.  When you know these things you will be more you than you are now.
You being your best is my greatest reward.
I am your Coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment